Understanding The Payment Workflow: Onsite vs Offsite Payment Methods
Onsite Payment Methods
Onsite payment methods include PxPost and Webservice. Customers enter their credit card details directly on your website during checkout.
1. Customer selects DPS PxPost or Webservice (3D Secure) as payment
2. Customer places order on your website
3. Magento checkout confirmation page (after successful payment)
Offsite Payment Methods
1. Customer places order on your website
2. Customer selects DPS (PxPay) as payment method on your website
3. Customer is redirected to Payment Express website to enter credit card details
4. Customer is redirected back to your website to the Magento checkout confirmation page (after successful payment)
Order moves to “NEW ORDER” status and the order will automatically be invoiced.