1. Create your inbound promotion in the Magento backend
Click on Promotions > Shopping Cart Price Rules to get started.
We indicate which features are available on which version of Fooman Inbound Promotions in the following way: (v1.0.0+).
1. First, set up a new rule using Magento's default promotions set up (“Add New Rule”). Any shopping cart price rule which can be created with Magento's default promotion settings can be used for an Inbound Promotion.
- Any combination of conditions with Magento's default promotion settings can be used for your Inbound Promotion
- You don't need to include a coupon code (the discount will be automatically applied at checkout)
- If desired, add a time limit for the promotion period (using the 'From Date' and 'To Date' fields). Note: this is different to the time limit that an inbound promotion banner will be valid for individual visitors to your site (refer to step 2)
- Further discounts beyond the Inbound Promotion can be avoided by choosing “Yes” to “Stop Further Rules Processing”.
2. Save and continue.
3. Click into the “Inbound Promotions” tab. Set up the following fields:
This Shopping Cart Price Rule (v1.0.0+)
Choose from three options:
- Don't use as an inbound promotion (default)
- Can only be used as an inbound promotion
- Can be used both as inbound promotion and standard Magento price rule
Save and continue.
Codes for This Promo (v1.0.0+)
Hit the “Create Code” button. Click “OK” when the pop up tab appears (make sure you have saved your promotion!).