Important – read this before you install Speedster
1. Please ensure you read and understand all instructions
If you do not understand something in the set-up instructions provided, do not install Fooman Speedster. Instead, contact your Magento developer and ask them to install the extension for you. If all steps are not followed correctly, the installation of Fooman Speedster could fail and generate errors on your site.
2. Install Fooman Speedster first on your test site, before installing it on your live site
If any errors do occur, it is far preferable to complete our troubleshooting instructions on your test site so your live site will remain unaffected.
We do not recommend using Fooman Speedster without thorough testing on a test site if:
- Your store uses Jquery (or has extensions installed which use Jquery) - although a workaround is provided, almost 100% of reported errors with Fooman Speedster are from stores which also use Jquery
- You are not using Magento’s default theme
4. Ensure your site meets all system requirements
Fooman Speedster works out of the box using an Apache platform run on Linux. In addition, system requirements are:
- Mod_rewrite (a standard Apache module installed by default on most Linux servers) must be enabled
- .htaccess must be supported
- CSS images must be available under the same domain as the store