11. Surcharge on Shipping Method
Add an additional fee based on the shipping method chosen - for example, an additional handling fee or mandatory insurance for a particular shipping method. This allows you to charge more accurate shipping prices based on your actual shipping cost for each product.
$2 shipping handling surcharge
Enable Surcharge on Shipping Method (v2.2.12+)
When set to Yes, a shipping method surcharge will be enabled.
Calculate Surcharge On (v3.0.26+)
Choose to use the global Fooman Surcharge setting (the “Calculate surcharge on” setting in the All Surcharges Settings section), or to calculate the surcharge on the shipping cost only.
Shipping Methods (v2.2.12+)
Control-click to select as many shipping methods you wish to apply the surcharge to.
Payment Surcharge Type (v2.2.12+)
Choose your preferred calculation model:
- Fixed: The amount in the Fixed Transaction Cost field
- Percent: The percentage in the Payment Surcharge % field is added to the calculation base (refer to settings for “All Surcharges”)
- Fixed + Percent: The sum of both the Fixed Transaction Cost and Payment Surcharge %
- Fixed Minimum: The higher of either the Fixed Transaction Cost or Payment Surcharge %
Fixed Transaction Cost (v2.2.12+)
Enter the fixed transaction cost you wish to charge - eg. 2 (remember not to add any currency symbols).
Surcharge Description (v2.2.12+)
Enter the surcharge description that will be visible to the customer – eg. “Express delivery premium”.
Apply Group Filter (v2.2.12+)
When set to Yes, you can choose to apply the surcharge only to particular customer groups. When set to No, the surcharge will be applied to all customer groups.
Only for Customer Groups (v2.2.12+)
If you have set “Apply Group Filter” (above) to Yes, use this setting to choose which customer groups the surcharge will apply to. Control-click to select as many customer types you wish to apply the surcharge to.